Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why I have wasted my morning..AGAIN or why beer can be acceptable at 11:30 am

Here it is almost 11:30 in the morning.  And what do I have to show for it?  Absolutely Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zero.  I was caught in a nightmare. 
Skype has really been failing us lately.  It started earlier this summer when we didn't have enough bandwidth to do face time.  Okay; you are in a different country, I get that.  I really don't want to have to put on make up just to answer the phone anyway.

We switched to Skype calling, then the Skype calls would fail. 
I would answer and hear husband ask "can you hear me?"
"Yes, I can" is my response. 
Again I hear husband ask "can you hear me?" 
"FUUCK, this goddamn thing" yep that is me and my purdy potty mouth...
And then I hear nothing.

We resort to Skype chat.  And husband lets me know that he was able to hear my brilliant response earlier just as he lost signal. 
An hour to an hour and a half of instant messaging back and forth...
You know what?  All I want to do is TALK to my husband.  Hear his voice. And I can't do that!  Why?  Because technology hates me that's why..

Now Skye is being blocked because it sucks up too much bandwidth.  How can it suck up to much bandwidth when it doesn't work in the first place?  Who are these lucky people who have gotten it to work?  What lottery did they win or special cards did they get handed?

Time to switch to Google chat.  And thank you honey for sending me the link on how to get this to work on the iPhone and iPad.  I love step by step. 

Now Google talk is ready to go.  Not bad ~ way to go sister you are victorious.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. 
Oh, what's all these apps for google?  and google sync?  That's sounds handy dandy.  I want that.  Okay look here's step by step (I love you~ I sometimes need all the pictures)
Back up phone to computer ~ got it. 
SHIT!  Last week my iTunes mysteriously shit itself and I lost all my playlists.  Unless I recreate them I can't sync.  I will lose everything.  3 hours later my playlists are back.  (I know what you are going to say, BUT you can back all that up.  Okay smarty pants.  I have over 100 gigs of music and 100 gigs of movies.  Mr. Genius isn't here to do all of that for me)

All right, sync time. 
But Itunes, why aren't you recognizing the iPhone?  Restart computer, Really?  At this point everytime we turn this thing off or restart it we have to cross our fingers that it reboots.  (i.e. I HATE Windows, Microsoft and H.P.) 

Computer back up (I will not disclose how much time has elapsed or the fact that I had to restart it again)

Itunes up- phone plugged in and yes we are syncing.  (Picture me doing the cabbage patch in my office chair)

Back to this genius sync Google thing.  follow steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.  Contacts, sync?  Yes, do you want to delete current contacts?  Not doing so will cause duplicate contacts.  (okay, DELETE), enter domain password.  What's that?  I don't have a domain, I have an email and it won't take that..research.

You have to have a domain?  But I don't want to pay for this.  I already pay for a phone and Internet, why would I pay for a domain too.  I don't have a business.  Okay, delete the app.  My calendar already syncs, the emails come through, the contacts seem to update and duplicate all on their own. 
Go to phone contacts to find it is empty...I will have to re sync the phone. 

No big deal. 
Re sync, negative still have zero contacts. Finally figure out to just import from google to outlook to itunes.  This is a problem, I didn't want to use outlook for this email account. 

Seriously, can I please just have my own "trunk monkey" to take care of this crap for me?

Maybe tomorrow I will have a few moments of patience to finish what I started.

Until then I will just get out my trusty pencil, paper, abacus....cause I am not touching anything else today...

No comments:

Post a Comment